UPSA | Fast and effective industrial training with HoloLens
When mixed reality helps train maintenance staff quickly
A 50-page instruction manual summarized in 5-minute sessions
HoloForge supported UPSA, a major French pharmaceutical company, in seeking innovative mixed-reality solutions. This project had a fairly ambitious objective: to summarize a 50-page instruction manual in 5-minute sessions using HoloLens.
Today, a HoloLens application offers a training program for new and experienced maintenance staff on the Agen production site.
Because the factories work 24/7, and the pharmaceutical industry demands a flawless level of security, the following problems were encountered:
- How to continue training operators without halting production?
- How to enable staff to be trained safely whilst complying with the hygiene restrictions required for this kind of equipment?
- How to recreate genuine crisis management situations and credible practical drills?
Benefits in the short-term thanks to mixed reality
Our HoloLens application now helps UPSA teams to familiarize themselves with machines without affecting productivity. The result is immediate:
- The tool is simple and effective
- The technology remains “invisible”
- Staff are quickly able to work independently
- The user gains in confidence
- The time saved leads to economies of scale
Discover similar projects